ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pressed Flower Pictures



A Grade 3 class made these charming pressed flower/leaf collages. This project takes quite a while as you need to collect and dry the leaves. We went out one day during the summer and I gave each child a plastic container. They collected a variety of leaves and flowers. Back inside, I wrote their name on the cover an old magazine (one each) and then showed them how to separate the leaves/petals and lay them in-between paper towels.

Then I stacked them all and put some heavy books on them and left them to dry for about 2 weeks.
Then the kids simply made pictures with them- we used small paintbrushes and white glue to carefully apply them to cardstock.  They could also add details with markers.

Ta da!

 


Then one of my high school girls saw these are was inspired to
create her own in her sketchbook:



3 comments:

Rebekah Smith said...

fabulous!:-)

thanks so much for letting us see:-)

rebekah:-)

Miss said...

Thanks Rebekah!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautifully simple lesson! The high school student's example is so graphic and clean, yet so earthy and inviting! Thanks for sharing!
Jana at room9art

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...